Bexsimon Cast Iron Large Pestle and Mortar, Cream
- The unique organic form of the mortar comprises an undercut at the rim to retain those hard spices from bouncing out.
- Besides adding style and charm to the mortar, the lip allows the ground material to be easily removed from the undercut of the mortar.
- does the hard work for you with easy and efficient grinding from the weighty pestle and solid mortar bowl.
- The rounded end of the pestle sits comfortably within the palm of your hand to prevent discomfort whilst grinding.
- The pestle and mortar set is made from cast iron with a black pre-seasoned oil finish and powder coat cream paint finish.
Buy from Amazon.co.uk
The Pestle and Mortar was the first of Bex's creations for her Collections range. It was designed during the filming of High Street Dreams which was broadcast on BBC One in July 2010. The hour long prime time TV show followed Bex over three months as she fought to create a completely original cast iron product for the high street under the mentorship of British designer Nick Munro and fragrance entrepreneur, Jo Malone. Besides all of the ergonomic design benefits listed here - above all the Gaudi inspired pestle and mortar will be the focal point of any kitchen, and will look fantastic as a unique and original piece of functional art.